categories / awards 2015:
• feature film (up to 10 mins)
• animation (up to 10 mins)
• artistic/experimental film/videoart (up to 10 mins)
• commercials/educational ads (up to 3 mins)
• walk & watch - cinema in transit on Infoscreens (up to 20 secs, without sound); the issue is "at first sight"
• motion design (up to 7 mins)
• WDR category: 1LIVE recruiting-video (up to 3 mins)
film upload period: April 7 – July 27, 2015
submission deadline: July 27, 2015
award ceremony: October 28, 2015 in Cologne
kurzundschön moving images - international competition for young creatives, organized by the Academy of Media Arts Cologne (KHM) and the Westdeutscher Rundfunk Köln (WDR), has taken place every year since 1997. In its conception, the competition for newcomers links the KHM’s trans-media concept with parts of the WDR’s brief as a public broadcaster: supporting young artistic and creative talent, creating media crossovers and promoting short, contemporary formats.
kurzundschön is a international competition, exclusively for students and trainees in the field of audiovisual media. Every year prizes with a total value of €30,000 are awarded in the categories: Commercials/educational ads (up to 3 mins.), Motion Design (up to 7 mins.), publicART (up to 10 mins.), Walk & Watch - cinema in transit on Infoscreens ” (up to 20 secs.) and the WDR category.